Purpose of Site Plan Review
Site Plan Review shall be required, as stated by the provisions of the City of Jackson Zoning Ordinance, to
- Ensure compliance with City zoning and other ordinances on large scale and other projects,
- Expedite procedures necessary for the obtaining of building permits,
- Provide the developer with a central review of a development proposal,
- Conserve the time and efforts of City employees in the various department
What are the submission requirements?
Submission Requirements for Conceptual Review/Conference:
- Completed Application – As complete as possible at early stages.
- Fee – No fee for conceptual review/conference review.
- Proposed Plans (no details or drainage calculations required)
Submission Requirements for Formal Submittal:
- Fee - $301 for the first acre, plus 3.00 for each additional
- Ownership Authorization Form signed and uploaded. https://www.jacksonms.gov/documents/site-plan-review-owner-authorization-form/
- Utility Demand Survey
- Site Plan Set includes the following sheets (Sheets can be combined when appropriate. Plans should be clearly legible, use a variety of line types and line weights.)
- Cover Sheet
- Site Plan
- Utility Plans
- Grading and Drainage Plans
- Landscape Plan w/Schedule
- Architectural Building Elevations
- Details (Lighting, Dumpster Location, Signs)
- Site Plan Review Committee meetings are held every Thursday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. in the Andrew Jackson Conference Room (1st floor) of the Hood Building, located at 200 S. President St., Jackson, MS.
- Completed application, all drawings, plans and fees should be submitted using the Online Portal - jacksonms.viewpointcloud.com
- In order to be placed on the next week’s agenda YOU MUST SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE NOON ON WEDNESDAY using the online portal
- If you have questions about Site Plan Review, call Joseph Warnsley at (601) 960-2253 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is a Site Plan Required?
A site plan shall be required for the following:
- Adult entertainment establishments
- All Uses requiring a Use Permit
- All development to be located within C-4, Central Business District; Old Capitol Green, OCG; UV, Urban Village District; UTC, Urban Town Center District; NMU-1, Neighborhood Mixed Use, Pedestrian Oriented; CMU-1, Community Mixed Use, Pedestrian; High Street Overlay District; Fondren/North State St. Overlay District; the Corridor 80 (C80) District and Zoo/West Capital Street Overlay District
- Banks with drive-through windows
- Convenience Type Grocery Stores
- Dairying and animal husbandry on sites of not less than one (1) acre
- Demolitions and redevelopment within C-1A Districts
- Developments of five (5) acres or more
- Fast food restaurants with drive-through windows
- Medical Cannabis Related Businesses
- Modular Commercial Buildings
- Multi-family development including condominiums
- Other special cases and projects that may be brought to the Committee's attention by the City Council, the Planning Director, Zoning Administrator, or Planning Board
- Planned Unit Developments
- Private Kennels
- Private Stables
- Produce Stands
- Public utilities facilities and structures required to provide essential public services
- Residential subdivisions or re-subdivisions of property
- Commercial Communications Towers
- Small Craft Brewery
- Service Stations
- Retail Stand
- Structures in excess of forty-five (45) feet in height
- Substantial remodeling or additions that"
- Affect existing off-street parking;
- Change the land use of the building(s) involved; or
- Increase the square footage of existing non-residential structures fifteen (15) percent or more.
- Vendor Park