- Bus stops are located at approximately one-quarter mile intervals along each route and are identified by a JATRAN sign.
- At the bus stop, check the sign to make sure you are standing at the correct location. The infopost below the sign should show the routes that serve that stop, as well as destinations along that route and a schedule when the bus is due to arrive. Not all stops have an infopost. If in doubt, please call (601) 952-1000.
- Each route has a series of timepoints to indicate where a bus should be at the scheduled time. JATRAN makes every effort to be on time, but occasionally the bus encounters traffic congestion. This may influence the schedule, and it is possible a bus could run late.
- When the bus arrives, check the destination sign to ensure that you are boarding the correct bus. The sign is located on the front and the side of the bus above the windows.
- Please have the exact fare ready. Bus operators can not make change.
- Drop your fare in the farebox as you board.
- If you need to transfer to another bus to reach your destination, please ask the Bus Operator for one. They are vaild for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Select a seat and relax. For your safety, remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Fold-up seats and seats directly behind the bus operator are intended for seniors and passengers with disabilities. Please be prepared to relinquish on request from the eligible passenger or the bus operator.
- Approximately two blocks before your stop, use the signal device near the window to alert the bus operator. The driver will stop at the next designated stop. Move to the back of the bus and use the rear door to exit.
- If you are unsure of any part of your trip, including your return trip, just ask the Bus Operator.
Boarding the Bus
JATRAN only stops at bus stops with a white JATRAN bus stop sign. Flag stops are not permitted. When the bus approaches, stand near the bus stop sign and make sure that the bus operator can see you. Some bus routes are served by more than one route, check the windshield or destination sign for information on the route serving your bus stop. Have exact fare, pass or transfer ready when you board the bus. The Bus Operator cannot provide change if you pay more than the posted fare.
Exiting the Bus
When you see the bus nearing your destination or transfer point, signal the bus operator that you want to get off, by pulling the cord near the window or asking the Bus Operator to stop. Please provide enough notice, so that the bus operator can make a smooth stop. If you are not familiar with the area, ask the bus operator for assistance. After the sun goes down, JATRAN fixed routes will drop passengers off at a safe location along the route by request.
How To Ride Brochure