- The City of Jackson wants your business.
- If you plan to open a business here, the process of applying for and receiving a license is digital.
- You can apply using a laptop or any mobile device.
- You can pay for the license online, in person or by mail, however you prefer.
- Throughout the process, you'll be able to see what has been done and what you need to do next from any computer or mobile device.
- If you prefer to apply in person, you can do so without multiple trips to city offices downtown.
- Once you apply, employees in the Planning and Development Department will be able to see where you are in the process and can advise you on what to do next.
- Jackson's business development staff is always on standby to assist business owners in navigating the process.
- Once you receive your license, your annual renewal notice will be sent electronically, and you can renew and pay online using any computer or mobile device.
* The fee for a business license varies depending on the number of employees or the amount of inventory. There may be additional fees based on the type of business.