Use a Claim Code
Renewing a Business License using a Claim Code
Business owners like yourself can now renew a license online from any device without making multiple trips to downtown city offices. Visit our online portal at OpenGov to begin the renewal process and make payments too!
Business License Renewal Instructions
Step A: Create Your OpenGov Login ID and Password
- Click “Sign Up” in the OpenGov portal.
- Select the ‘Sign Up’ tab.
- Enter your email address and a preferred password.
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button to complete the sign-up step and log into OpenGov.
Step B: Retrieve Your Online Account
- Once logged into OpenGov, select “Claim a Record.”
- Enter your unique Online Account Claim Code and click “Submit.” Note: The claim code is case-sensitive.
- Select “My Account” at the top of the page.
- In the “Action Required” section beside “Renew Your Business License,” select “Renew Now.”
- Click “Yes, begin renewal” when prompted to open your Business License Renewal form.
Step C: Review & Submit Your Business License Renewal Form
- Review the information in your Business License Renewal form. Enter or change the information as needed. Click “Next” to advance from one page of the form to the next.
- At the end of the form, you will be asked the following: “Is there anything that needs to be changed or updated within this application that you were not able to do yourself?” If the answer is yes, please provide details of the changes needed.
- On the last page of the form, click “Confirm and Submit” when ready to submit your Business License Renewal form information. Or, click “Save Draft and Exit” to save your changes and submit the Business License Renewal form later.