The Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) has recently revised the rules for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The revised rules provide for public transit organizations to make reasonable modifications and accommodations to policies, practices, and procedures to avoid discrimination, and to ensure accessibility to individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities may request that JTRAN make a reasonable accommodation in order for that individual to fully use transit services. All requests should be made in advance by filling out and submitting a Reasonable Accommodation Request form to JTRAN. Please see information below to obtain and file a request. JTRAN will accommodate requests provided that:
- Fundamental nature of the service, program or activity is not altered;
- It does not cause a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- It does not result in an undue financial and administrative burden; or
- The requestor would not be able to fully use the service provided by JTRAN without the modification.
There are several ways to obtain and submit a Reasonable Modification/Accommodation request form:
- Download the Reasonable Modification/Accommodation Request form (PDF)
- Fax a request to 601-326-5416
- Send an email to the ADA Coordinator at: email@example.com
- Call 601-960-1100 (TDD/TTY: 711 through Mississippi Relay Service).
- Mail a request to: 1785 Highway 80 West Jackson, MS 39204