The City of Jackson awards HOME funds to nonprofits to help working families realize their dream of owning a home. The program offers up to $25,000.00 in Down Payment Assistance, Closing Costs or other associated costs toward the purchase of a home.
The assistance amount will be based on your annual household income. The mortgage amount cannot exceed $148,000.00.
Home-ownership Training Program
Homebuyer Education Training classes will enable program participants the opportunity of realizing their dreams by learning the financial skills necessary to maintaining a family spending plan, build or repair credit and apply for a mortgage loan. By understanding and using these skills, individuals can make informed financial decisions for themselves and their families.
- The home must be located within the city limits of Jackson.
- A home inspection by a certified Home Inspector is required.
- The property being purchased must be used as the primary residence.
- The applicant must attend and complete an approved 8-hour course of Home-ownership Education Training.
- The applicant should not have had any interest in residential property during the past three years.