This is a federally funded loan/grant program from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that is administered through the City of Jackson's Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD). The funds are used on various projects for the development and revitalization of targeted areas of the city. This program is funded through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME programs.
Currently we are not accepting applications. If you would like more information or would like to be placed on the rehab waiting list, call 601-960-2155.
- The property to be rehabilitated must be located in the City of Jackson city limits
- Must be owner-occupied for a minimum of one year
- You must qualify at 80% of the area median income
- Priority is given to those who have not received assistance before
- Owner may be required to live in the home for a specified period of time
The purpose of the Housing Rehabilitation Program is to improve the livability of a home, to extend its life for a minimum of 10 years, and to meet the current minimum building codes, whenever possible. Major emphasis is given to housing problems affecting safety and health (such as gas leaks, outdated and hazardous electrical wiring, and plumbing).
The actual amount of repairs needed will be determined from an inspection and evaluation of the home. This type of assistance can vary depending on the needs in a home; however, not all homes can be repaired. If the home has too many major problems, it may not qualify for our regular housing rehab/repair program, but we may be able to help with emergency repair(s) for safety reasons.
The goals of the Housing Rehabilitation Program are to:
- Eliminate health and safety hazards in older homes
- Benefit low-income, very low-income, and extremely low-income, and disabled residents
- Address energy efficiency issues
- Improve neighborhoods and encourage long-term stability
We provide help in the following areas:
- Sewer Lines
- Termite Control
- Exterior Doors
- Exterior Paint (two colors)
- Interior Paint
- Smoke Detectors
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Kitchen Countertops
- Kitchen Fixtures
- Hot Water Heaters
- Home Accessibility
- Other Health and Safety Items