Intergovernmental Relations fosters relationships with other government entities and interest groups to coordinate, facilitate, and strategically respond to policy based concerns. It also coordinates the City’s legislative efforts with the Jackson/Hinds County Delegates and Lobbyist.
The City of Jackson supports the following proposed legislative initiatives for consideration by the Mississippi State Legislature.
It is critical to address public policy actions through strategic planning and partnership. The Mayor’s Office partners with various entities to achieve its public policy goals, development strategies, and achieve outcomes that better support the citizens of Jackson.
Boards and Commission
- Capital City Convention Complex Commission
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
- Jackson Redevelopment Authority
- Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau (Visit Jackson)
- One Cent Sales Tax Commission
- COVID 19 Taskforce
- Health Task Force for a Healthier Jackson
- Police ID Taskforce
- Central MS Continuum of Care
- Capitol Complex Improvement District
- The Credible Messengers Program
- City Leaders from Around the World
- CliMAT (Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Taskforce)
- Ready to Learn Universal Pre-K program/ Caring for Each Other initiative
- Census 2020 Complete Count Committee
- Healthy Babies, Bright Cities
- Live. Impact. Create. Initiative
- Human Rights Campaign-2020 Jackson Scorecard
To ensure that all citizens of Jackson feel respected and heard the City designates a liaison in the Mayor’s Office to strengthen its efforts. The mission of LGBTQ Liaison is to build a relationship and connect with the Human Rights Campaign to provide a listening ear for concerns and help to better develop strategies to address hate crimes. The goal is to ensure that the LGBTQ Community and the Mayor’s Office to maintain an open and trusting relationship.