JTRAN Transit Plan Public Comment and Public Meeting
Notice of Proposed ConnectJXN: Transit Plan for JTRAN
The City of Jackson is hosting a 45-day public comment period regarding the proposed draft recommendations in the ConnectJXN: Transit Plan (JTRAN) to gather input from the community. These recommendations are the product of a comprehensive evaluation of JTRAN’s bus and paratransit services and were informed by public and stakeholder input gathered
throughout the year-long study. The proposed plan can be accessed online anytime by visiting the project’s website page www.jtrantransitplan.com. The full report with appendices can
be viewed by visiting www.jtrantransitplan.com/final-report. An interactive executive summary can be accessed by visiting https://bit.ly/ConnectJXNTransitPlan.
The plan identifies the following recommendations to improve JTRAN:
- A complete redesign of the JTRAN bus network. The New Bus Network provides 12 new routes that improve access to jobs, healthcare, groceries, and services.
- Long-term bus network investments to further improve mobility for Jackson residents and visitors. JTRAN’s long-term vision plan includes new on-demand transit service, increased frequency, evening service improvements, and new Sunday service.
- Paratransit service strategies to improve the system’s long-term financial sustainability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Capital improvements, including bus stop improvement and technology upgrades, to support the delivery of safe, reliable, and efficient bus and paratransit services.
Comments will be accepted from November 24, 2021, to January 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
Comments may be submitted using any of the methods listed below.
WAYS TO PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS:
- Use the Share Your Comments link provided on the ConnectJXN website page: https://bit.ly/JTRANcomments
- Mail Written Comments: 1785 Highway 80 West Jackson, MS 39204
- Complete a comment card during the public meeting
An open house style public meeting will be held to discuss the proposed plan with the public on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Union Station (300 West Capitol Street Jackson, MS).
JTRAN officials will review all comments received and will revise the plan based on feedback received and submit the final report to the Jackson City Council for review and adoption.
The City of Jackson’s transit system, JTRAN, adheres to the public involvement process outlined in the Jackson MPO’s Public Participation Plan. The MPO’s Public Participation process satisfies the public participation requirements for FTA’s notice.
- Schedule of Quantities-Revised(1-7-2022)
- Bid Schedule_Revised(1-7-2022)
- Addendum#2-Bus Stop Improvements Project
Visit jtrantransitplan.com to review the proposed ConnectJXN: Transit Plan for JTRAN