TIPS for using Paratransit
- JTRAN Paratransit is a door-to-door demand responsive service. Bus operators may only assist passengers to the door of a home, building or entrance of a facility as long as they are within the line of sight of their vehicle. JTRAN Paratransit vehicles cannot be left unattended.
- Any other additional assistance will require the use of a personal care attendant (PCA). A PCA can accompany a person with disability at no additional charge.
- Space is limited, so limit yourself to five packages, that you can carry. That will leave room for more people on the vehicle.
- Just like the bus, JTRAN Paratransit operate on a schedule. Your pick up window is 30 minutes before or after the time requested. We can’t delay other passengers by waiting for anyone. Our drivers will only wait five minutes and drive on if the passenger has not arrived at the pick-up location.
- Subscription Service—For passengers that have a regular travel pattern (for the same trip on multiple days), subscription service is available on a limited basis. This puts passengers on a regular schedule, so you do not need to request every trip individually. JTRAN Paratransit must be able to accommodate all trips, so we can only accommodate a very limited number of subscription requests. Please call us for more details on this service.
- Passengers with service animals or traveling with a respirator or portable oxygen supply are welcome on JTRAN Paratransit.
- All passengers are strongly encouraged to wear seat belts. Wheelchair passengers will wear a lap belt. Child car seats are not provided, passengers must provide their own child car seats.