(Jackson, MS) – Friday, Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba along with Dr. Jasmine Chapman, CEO of Jackson-Hinds Comprehensive Health Center, announced testing site locations for the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
“As reports of more confirmed cases of coronavirus in our state are made public, we want to let you know about the ten testing sites that will be available in the City of Jackson, in Hinds County and the surrounding areas if people suspect they may have COVID-19,” said Mayor Lumumba during the press briefing. To ensure the safety of medical staff, Dr. Chapman told reporters that hey will be using their telehealth system to screen some patients. “If you have an appointment with Jackson-Hinds, we will call you for your appointment. We will see whether or not it is a necessary appointment. If it is not, we’re going to tell you to reschedule. If you reschedule, we do have telehealth. You can see a doctor and still get an appointment,” said Dr. Chapman.
Additionally, patients who choose to visit one of the below-mentioned testing facilities who are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath, dry cough, headaches, and fever, will be asked to wait outside for a medical professional to perform the test.
The following are testing sites for COVID-19:
- James Anderson Health Facility (Jackson, MS) – 3502 W. Northside Drive, Jackson MS, 39213
- Jackson-Hinds Brown-Simmons Clinic (Utica, MS) – 129 White Oak Street, Utica MS 30175
- Ethel James Ivory Homeless Clinic (Jackson, MS) – 327 S. Gallatin Street, Jackson MS, 39202
- Jackson-Hinds South Clinic (Jackson, MS) – 145 Raymond Road, Jackson MS, 39204
- Vicksburg-Warren Family Healthcare (Vicksburg, MS) – 1203 Mission Park Drive Vicksburg MS, 39180
- Jackson-Hinds Edwards Clinic (Edwards, MS) – 100 South Magnolia St, Edwards MS, 39066
- Bennie G. Thompson Clinic (Jackson, MS) – 514 A-B Woodrow Wilson, Jackson MS, 39216
- Jackson-Hinds Central Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS) – 1860 Chadwick Drive, Suite 300, Jackson MS 39204
- Jackson-Hinds Comprehensive Health Center located inside the Jackson Medical Mall (Jackson, MS) – 350 W. Woodrow Wilson, Jackson MS, 39204
- Copiah Comprehensive Health Center (Hazlehurst MS) – 550 Caldwell Drive, Hazlehurst, MS 39083
In an effort to preserve the health and well-being of all Jacksonians, symptomatic individuals are asked to wear a face mask.
Furthermore, all citizens are urged to practice social distancing and to maintain proper handwashing and coughing hygiene.