(JACKSON, Miss.) – The City of Jackson Department of Parks and Recreation in partnership
In addition to working with the YMCA to keep children well-nourished and healthy during this
Free Grab & Go lunches for children can be picked up at these locations and times:
- Clinton YMCA/400 Lindale Street Clinton MS 39056/12 pm-1 pm
- Soul City Church/242 Whitfield Street Jackson MS 39202/12 pm-1 pm
- Westside Gymnasium /1450 Wiggins Road Jackson MS 39209/12 pm-1 pm
- Battlefield Park Community Center/953 Porter Street Jackson MS 39204/12 pm-1 pm
- Vergy P. Middleton Community Center/3971 Flag Chapel Road Jackson MS39213/12pm-1pm
- Grove Park Community Center/4126 Parkway Ave Jackson MS 39213/12 pm-1 pm
“In today’s society, regardless of the pandemic that we are facing, there is no reason for any child to go hungry. And so, I am grateful to all of the community partners working together to ensure that we can feed our young people during this time of need,” said Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba.
The Y’s Food Program is part of a year-round effort to address child hunger. Last year, Metropolitan YMCAs of Jackson served over 51,000 meals and snacks to kids and teens in Jackson and surrounding communities.
“During times of uncertainty, families can count on the Y to provide essential services for the
community,” said Jara Miller, CEO, Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi. “The YMCA is committed to ensuring kids in our communities have ongoing, uninterrupted access to nutrition, especially while schools are closed.”