Hudspeth Regional Center to Recruit through Jobs for Jacksonians
(Jackson, MS) – Hudspeth Regional Center is hosting a recruiting session through the Jobs for Jacksonians program. It will be Wednesday, September 9th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Officials are seeking to recruit applicants interested in becoming:
Direct Care Professionals:
The job description is as follows:
- Provides a clean, safe living environment for people with intellectual developmental disabilities or related disabilities, ensuring their health, safety, and progress toward greater independence
- Teach and assists individuals in home skills, community, leisure, and vocational daily living activities as defined within the person’s continuous active treatment plan, Individual Person-Centered Plan
- Performs required housekeeping duties and related tasks in an efficient, safe and healthy manner
- Communicates within group dynamics (planning together); observation and data reporting skills, attend and participate in staff training activities
- Provides community-based support to individuals through activities/learning experiences such as work, shopping, recreation, banking, church, medical appointments, etc.
- Physical requirements: the ability to lift and move clients and equipment
Hudspeth Regional Center offers a competitive benefits package for this position. Also, this company is seeking to hire 50 individuals throughout the Jackson area. The recruiting session will be held at the Jackson Police Department – Training Academy, 3000 Saint Charles Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39209. Due to COVID-19, we will be abiding with the local and state guidelines to ensure the safety of prospective applicants. Everyone must wear a face covering at all times.
Jobs for Jacksonians is an initiative created to provide accessible information for employment opportunities to Jackson residents. The recruiting sessions provide participants in the program with immediate access to job opportunities. For job seekers, this program offers an array of services and training opportunities to assist them. In addition to the recruiting sessions, the program offers job readiness workshops, job search/placement assistance, and an annual job fair. Other services, such as assistance with writing a professional resume, leadership/professional development, and interviewing improvement techniques, are available as well.
For more information, please contact Jonathan Barnett at 601-960-0377.