FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2021
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION TO HOST SUMMER PROGRAM
Registration Begins April 5th
(JACKSON, MS) – The Department of Parks and Recreation Programming Division today announced details of its Summer Program. The seven (7) week program for children ages 6-12 years old, will run from June 7-July 23, 2021, Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The program will consist of recreational activities, educational enrichment, and guest speakers.
All COVID-19 guidelines will be enforced and masks must be worn at all times. Parents must provide transportation to the site, a healthy lunch/snack in an insulated lunch bag, and a water bottle for their child each day.
- April 5th until all slots are filled
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- City of Jackson Department of Parks and Recreation Administrative Office
- 1000 Metro center Mall Suite 104
- Jackson, MS 39204
Contact Number: 601-960-0655
- Boys and Girls ages 6 – 12
- 121 Immunization Compliance Form or Birth Certificate
- $110.00 (money orders only) per location, per child
- $10.00 (cash only) program t-shirt per child
Summer Program Sites
- Battlefield Community Center – 953 Porter Street | Jackson, MS 39204
- Grove Park Community Center – 4126 Parkway Avenue | Jackson, MS 39213
- Vergy P. Middleton Community Center – 3971 North Flag Chapel Road | Jackson, MS 39213
For more information, please contact 601-960-0655.