Mayor Extends Deadline for City Employees & Contract Workers to Provide Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination to October 15th

***

Mayor Lumumba declares Local Emergency as negotiations over garbage collection contract have stalled

***

Mayor Lumumba issues updated Safe Recovery Jackson Executive Order.

Community Clean Up Application

  • The City of Jackson would like to assist community and volunteer groups with cleanup and beautification projects within Jackson city limits between March 1st and November 1st annually. City cleanup assistance will be available to neighborhood associations, block clubs, church groups, and volunteer organizations only. If your neighborhood would like to organize a cleanup project, please fill out this application and return it to the City’s Solid Waste Division. All requirements must be met in order to schedule a cleanup project including notification two weeks prior to the cleanup date.
    • Bullet Goes here
    • Bullet Goes here
    • Bullet Goes here
  • *Cleanup services are unavailable on Sundays or holiday weekends. Cleanups must be scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. If organizers plan for a cleanup to be scheduled on a 2nd Saturday then we must have notification before the third Thursday to locate a dumpster location close to your community. The dumpster will be available to ALL citizens (NO businesses) on that Saturday.**Please note that the site cannot be on private property or cause an obstruction to traffic.
  • Keep Jackson Beautiful, Inc. is a local 501(c) (3), non-profit, public education organization. Funding comes from individual dues-paying members, organizations and a contract with the City of Jackson’s Solid Waste Division. To continue to expand our programs, we need your expertise, vision and financial assistance. Please consider volunteering, becoming a member and/or making a financial contribution to Keep Jackson Beautiful, Inc. Your dollars will go toward the purchase of educational materials, litter prevention, recycling and beautification projects, outreach programs, and resources for special projects. Our average annual cost benefit ratio is 1:30, meaning that for every $1.00 of local support given to Keep Jackson Beautiful, Inc., we return $30.00 worth of benefits to our community.Any organization who schedules a cleanup with the City of Jackson is strongly encouraged to become a member of Keep Jackson Beautiful. The membership fee is a minimum of $50.00 per organization. All donations are tax deductible. For more information, please call 601-953-1123 or visit their website at keepjacksonbeautiful.com.We encourage you to solicit sponsorships for the following items: Tee shirts (optional) Refreshments (water, drinks, snacks and/or lunch)By signing below, community organizers agree to:- Be the primary contact for City staff as preparations are made for the cleanup.- Acknowledge that this cleanup effort is ONLY to clean the community which includes multiple streets and not utilize City resources to clean just a vacant lot within the community.-Acknowledge that the ONLY equipment provided for the cleanup will be one roll-off dumpster and that the City will NOT go door to door to pick up debris from citizens homes.- Acknowledge that Hinds County support is suppose to make up ONLY 10% of the volunteered labor and that the other 90% will come from citizens, schools, businesses, neighborhood associations in the neighborhood.- Find and organize volunteers as well as coordinate the project from inception to completion.- Provide the completed list with a minimum of twenty-five volunteers with this application.- Promote the cleanup to neighbors, businesses, schools and churches within the cleanup area.- Be present at the cleanup site on the assigned date and assure that a monitor is on site and at the dumpster at all times.- Insure a person and/or group will assist in the following tasks: offloading items at the site and providing pickup for neighbors (only as senior or disabled citizens) that are unable to get to the dumpster site.- Arrange for food and water to be provided for inmate crews (if requested) during the event.- Arrange for restroom amenities to be available during the cleanup (this can be on-site or nearby).- Make it a priority to recycle any materials that can be recycled such as paper, plastic, cardboard and aluminum.- Organization becoming a functioning and advocating member of Keep Jackson Beautiful.- Complete all tasks that are required in this application packet.
  • Name * Required
Close window