For Immediate Release:
June 21, 2022
City issues water conservation advisory
(Jackson, Miss.) – The City of Jackson Water/Sewer Utilities Division has issued a water conservation advisory until further notice for all surface water and well system customers. The City is anticipating increased water demand as a result of the higher than average temperatures forecast for the next several days.
To ensure that the City’s surface and well water systems can maintain adequate pressure and volume, we ask that residents conserve water. The conservation notice will be in effect until lifted by notice.
The City is asking residents to observe the following water conservation practices until this advisory is lifted:
- Do not water lawns between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Do not wash down sidewalks, driveways, etc.
- Refrain from washing cars
- Reduce draining and refilling of swimming pools
- Only wash full loads of clothes and dishes
- Take showers instead of baths.
No boil water advisory is being issued at this time.