- The City of Jackson will be holding a Democratic Primary Run-off Election on April 27, 2021 for Ward 4 and Ward 5 City Council candidates.
- The last day to vote by absentee ballot is Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:00 (noon). To accommodate the absentee voting process, the Department of Municipal Clerk is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and we will be open on Saturday, April 17, 2021 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 (noon), and on Saturday, April 24, 2017 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 (noon).
- Precinct #45 (St. Phillips Church) has temporarily moved to McLeod Elementary School, 1616 Sandalwood Place which is Precinct #36. Voting will be held inside the cafeteria.
Change for Municipal Elections Only
- Precinct 12 (Bonner Institutional Church) located at 3032 Bishop Avenue
- Precinct 50 (St. Luther Church) located at 1040 Banks Street
- Precinct #24 (formally French Elementary School) voting will now be conducted at George Kurt’s Fieldhouse Gymnasium located at 125 Gymnasium Drive, Jackson, MS
- Precinct #90 (formally Woodville Elementary School) voting will now be conducted at Christ Tabernacle Church located at 1201 Cooper Road
- Precinct #89 (formerly located inside the Metrocenter Mall) voting will now be conducted at Greater Mount Bethel Church located at 4125 Robinson Road
- Precinct #54 (Hardy Middle School) voting will be conducted at JPS Career Development Center located at 2703 1st Avenue
- Precinct #96 (formerly Miracle Temple Evangelistic Church) 418 Lakeshore Drive voting will now be conducted at Fire Station #22 located at 1590 Lakeshore Drive
- Precinct #94 (formerly located at Higher Ground Family Worship) 3520 Forest Hill Road voting will now be conducted at Willowood Community Center located at 229 Lake Cove Drive
No changes have been made to Ward 2 or Ward 7. These voting precincts will remain the same.
Call for Poll Workers
The City of Jackson is seeking Poll Workers for the upcoming 2021 Municipal Elections. Poll workers must reside within the City of Jackson and will be required to attend a two (2) hour training class. All interested parties should contact Kathy Cole, Deputy City Clerk at (601) 960-1033, or Linda Sanders, Chairperson of the Municipal Election Commission at (601) 960-1021 for additional information. Read more here.