The grant application OPENS July 1, 2022, and CLOSES October 31, 2022.
*** APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE WILL BE REVIEWED AND PROCESSED ACCORDINGLY, and APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL BE DENIED ***
The grant reimburses up to $30,000 in funding.
APPLICATION REVIEW PERIOD IS 90 DAYS
- APPLICATIONS ARE FINAL UPON SUBMISSION
- REVIEW THE APPLICATION CHECKLIST & FAQs BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION
- DOWNLOAD ALL FORMS LISTED ON THE LEFT OF THIS PAGE
- NOTARIZE THE FORMS AND UPLOAD THEM INTO THE GRANT APPLICATION
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE REQUESTED
- SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS AS REQUIRED WITHIN THE APPLICATION
- ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED
To modernize systems and equipment to help establishments be better positioned to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 and future variants. The Community Development Block Grant-COVID (CDBG-CV) Small Business Resiliency & Safe Practices Grant provides funding to businesses for modifications related to COVID-19, aimed at promoting safe practices and reopening and operating safely. Duplication of funds from another Federal or State source for the same use is not permitted unless those funds have been exhausted. The maximum grant amount is $30,000.
To be eligible, a small business must:
- Operate their business within the Jackson city limits, and
- Staff with less than 50 full-time (part-time equivalent) employees;
- Annual revenue of less than $1 million;
- Employ residents of the United States, and
- Be in operation on or before March 2019, and
- Meet the $50,000 ASSET QUALITY TEST, and
- Complete the Grant Application, submitting all required documents, and
- Follow the procurement process, and submit all required documentation as proof of adherence
ASSET QUALITY TEST: The business cannot have more than $50,000 in the business checking or savings (after subtracting any payables due). To show this, please provide (1) a year-to-date profit and loss statement and (2) a current bank statement (no older than 30 days). Applicants must also show expenses and revenue as a stand-alone entity, separated from personal expenses.
- Installation of contactless faucets
- Installation of contactless POS payment processing terminals
- Installation of contactless doors
- Reconfiguration: Indoor floor plans to allow for increased social distancing
- Reconfiguration: Outdoor floor plans to allow for increased social distancing
- Code Compliance: Electrical
- Code Compliance: Mechanical Systems
- Code Compliance: Plumbing
- Code Compliance: Energy Efficient Roof Replacement
- Code Compliance: Energy Efficient Upgrades
- HSE Efficiency: More frequent and cleaner air exchange
- HSE Efficiency: Removal of respiratory irritants
- HSE Efficiency: Health, Safety, Energy, and Building code compliance
- HVAC: Energy recovery ventilators
- HVAC: Ductless mini-split heat pumps
- HVAC: Remediation of mold, asbestos, and other environmental hazards
- Plumbing: Sump pumps and dehumidifiers
- Plumbing: Repair of minor leaks for moisture management
- Plumbing: Replacement of hot water heaters needed for proper sanitation
- Replacement: Substandard floor coverings
- Replacement: Substandard countertops
GRANTS ARE A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE PROCESS. COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE EVALUATED FOR ELIGIBILITY
Who can apply?
This grant is available to qualifying for-profit businesses with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees in Jackson, Mississippi, as long as funding remains for the program. The grant proceeds must be spent on eligible “business re-design” expenses necessary to adopt COVID Safe Practices and eligible expenses for both portions of this grant program outlined below.
To be eligible, your company must be headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, and either has been forced to close or severely curtail business operations due to closure orders from the state or city and have annual revenue of $1 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19. Businesses with a start date after March 1, 2019, may be considered but should still be able to determine COVID-19's economic impact on your business.
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Businesses headquartered outside of Jackson, Mississippi city limits
- Businesses exceeding 50 full-time equivalent employees
- Businesses with annual revenue exceeding $1 million
- Businesses with more than $50,000 in business checking or savings
- Home-based businesses;
- Nonprofit organizations/businesses;
- Private club or business that limits membership for reasons other than capacity;
Multiple applications/applicants may not simultaneously compete for funding for the same property parcel or address.
The CARES Act provides payments from the Fund that may only be used to cover costs that—
- Are necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19);
- We are not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020 (the date of enactment of the CARES Act) for the State or government; and
- Were incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING DENIED.
*** IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CORONAVIRUS RELIEF FUND GUIDANCE FOR STATE, TERRITORIAL, LOCAL, AND TRIBAL GOVERNMENT INFORMATION ***