Mayor Lumumba’s Sixth Amended Stay Safe Jackson Executive Order is still in effect for the City of Jackson. It is not rendered suspended or unenforceable by the Governor’s latest Executive Order – No. 1525.

Do I have to come into the office to apply for service or can this be done online?

Applications for new service cannot be made online. Applications for new service must be made in person at the Water Sewer Business Administration Office. Requests to transfer services to a new location may be made over the phone.

We need the following information to complete the change of responsibility for a property:

  • Your name and the name of the party responsible for paying the utilities bill, if applicable
  • Copy of a state issued driver’s license
  • Service Address
  • For homeowners: a copy of the deed is required or lease agreement if you are a tenant
  • Date you are legally responsible for the property (Start service date)
  • A mailing address where you would like your bill delivered
    Water / Sewer meter location

If you have additional questions, contact us at (601) 960-2000.


Close window