The City of Jackson supports the following proposed legislative initiatives for consideration by the Mississippi State Legislature.
It is critical to address public policy actions through strategic planning and partnership. The Mayor’s Office partners with varies entities to achieve its public policy goals, development strategies, and achieve outcomes that better support the citizens of Jackson.
Boards and Commission
- Capital City Convention Center Commission
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
- Jackson Redevelopment Authority
- Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau (Visit Jackson)
- One Cent Sales Tax Commission
Initiatives and Task Forces
- COVID 19 Taskforce
- Health Task Force for a Healthier Jackson
- Police ID Taskforce
- Central MS Continuum of Care
- Capitol Complex Improvement District
- The Credible Messengers Program
- City Leaders from Around the World
- CliMAT (Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Taskforce)
- Ready to Learn Universal Pre-K program/ Caring for Each Other initiative
- Census 2020 Complete Count Committee
- Health Babies, Bright Cities
- Live. Impact. Create. Initiative
LGBTQ Liaison, Contact 601-960-2363
To ensure that all citizens of Jackson feel respected and heard the City designates a liaison in the Mayor’s Office to strengthen its efforts. The mission of LGBTQ Liaison is to build a relationship and connect with the Human Rights Campaign to provide a listening ear for concerns and help to better develop strategies for address hate crimes. The goal is to ensure that the LGBTQ Community and the Mayor’s Office to maintain open and trusting relationship.