STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION FOR DEVELOPER(S): DOWNTOWN PROPERTIES MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT, CITY PROJECT NO. 2025
The City of Jackson intends to employ a Hotel Developer, Parking Garage Developer and Mixed-Use Developer for the development of 7.75 acres in Downtown Jackson. The Master Plan envisions an ultimate linkage of downtown together with a complete system of entertainment, greenspace, vehicular, bicycle, pedestrian and an integration with the city’s new state-of-the-art transportation network, intended to promote a vibrant, environmentally equitable and sustainable downtown environment. We are seeking developers wanting to create a “place making” as a destination – an experience – that intertwines green space, outdoor entertainment and museum possibilities, parking garage, commercial, mixed-use, retail, a hotel and restaurants. Statement of Qualifications will be accepted by the City Clerk of the City of Jackson, Mississippi, until 3:30 p.m., Tuesday March 12, 2024. The proposed contract will include complete Architectual/Engineering services required for this renovation.
Official bid Documents can be downloaded from Central Bidding at www.centralbidding.com. Electronic bids and/or reverse auction bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions relating to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Development firms interested in providing these services may so indicate by furnishing the City of Jackson seven (7) copies of a Statement of Qualification, which should consist of the following:
1. A cover letter specifying the complete project name, DOWNTOWN MIX USED DEVELOPMENT, CITY PROJECT NO. 2025, the name of the project manager, and the location and address of the office to be assigned the majority of the work.
2. A resume for each principal member, the project manager, and employee(s) of the firm anticipated to be assigned to the project including consulting engineers. Also, provide an organizational chart and list each person’s experience and qualifications, including proof that the Project Manager is licensed as a Mississippi Professional Architect/Engineer and that the firm has met state licensure and certification requirements. Include a business recovery plan in the event of a disaster.
3. Knowledge of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) procurement processes, Section 3 requirements, certified payroll, Davis-Bacon Act; and other reporting requirements of CDBG funded projects.
4. A description of similar type developments completed during the past five (5) years which qualifies the developer for this work.
The City will evaluate the Statements of Qualification based on the following factors listed in their relative order of importance:
1. Experience of the firm in performing specific services and experience in competing projects funded by Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
2. Qualifications and experience of staff and consultants to be assigned to the project based on requested scope of services.
3. Size of the firm’s professional and technical staff with respect to the services required.
4. Resume of the firm’s current and completed projects of a similar nature.
5. Equal Business Opportunity participation plan submitted with the Statement of Qualification package.
The City reserves the right to select one (1) consultant or select a short list of consultants from whom more information will be required. The City reserves the right to reject any and all Statements of Qualification, discontinue Contract execution, and/or request additional information with any party at any time prior to final Contract execution. For any Statement of Qualification questions, contact Chloe Dotson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Jackson is committed to the principle of non-discrimination in public contracting. It is the policy of the City of Jackson to promote full and equal business opportunity for all persons doing business with the City. As a pre-condition to selection, each proposer shall submit a completed and signed Equal Business Opportunity (EBO) Plan with the proposal submission, in accordance with the provisions of the City of Jackson’s Equal Business Opportunity (EBO) Executive Order. Failure to comply with the City’s Executive Order shall disqualify a proposer from being awarded an eligible contract. For more information on the City of Jackson’s Equal Business Opportunity Program, please contact the Division of Equal Business Opportunity at 601-960-1055. Copies of the City of Jackson’s Executive Order, EBO Plan Applications, and a copy of the program are available at the following location: 200 South President Street, Room 223, Jackson, Mississippi; or can be accessed on City of Jackson’s Equal Business Opportunity webpage.
The City of Jackson hereby notifies all proposers that in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4, that all proposers will be afforded full opportunity to submit proposals in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex, in consideration for an award.
The City of Jackson, Mississippi is committed to cultivating and ensuring the quality of life of its citizens, through various programs, employment, initiatives, and assistance. The City of Jackson encourages all persons, corporations, and/or entities doing business within the City of Jackson, as well as those who seek to contract with the City of Jackson on various projects and/or conduct business in Jackson to assist the City of Jackson in achieving its goal by strongly considering city of Jackson residents for employment opportunities.