To apply for new services, please apply in-person at the Water/Sewer Business Administration office located at 1000 Metrocenter Mall Suite 103, Jackson MS 39209 .
Please provide the following to complete the change of responsibility for a property:
- Your name and the name of the party responsible for paying the utilities bill, if applicable
- Copy of a state issued driver’s license
- Service address
- For homeowners, a copy of the deed is required or lease agreement if you are a tenant
- Date you are legally responsible for the property (Start service date)
- A mailing address where you would like your bill delivered
- Water / Sewer location
- Inside city limits and less than one mile outside city limits - $100.00 deposit plus a non-refundable $27.00 application fee. Water, wastewater, garbage and recycling collection services are available to City of Jackson residential customers. To start recycling, call the Solid Waste Division at (601) 960-0000.
- Outside one mile of the city limits - $20.00 plus a non-refundable $15.00 application fee
- 5/8 inch meter - $155.00
- All other commercial accounts deposits are based on meter size for services located within the city limits or less than one mile outside the city limits.
- Commercial rates for greater than one mile outside the city limits (5/8 inch meter)- $25.00
- All other commercial accounts deposits are based on meter size for services located greater than one mile outside the city limits
All new construction accounts are to be referred to the Water Engineering at 601-960-2090.
Transferring services to a new service location can be completed by a phone call to Customer Service at 601-960-2000. City Ordinance Chapter 122 Section 16 states: “Applicants for transfer of water service from one location to another shall pay the current bill for the premises vacated or to be vacated before the water is turned on at the premises for which the application for transfer is made.” When transferring services, the customer is required to verify account information before the transfer of services is granted.