Click to Home
Go To Search
How Do I?
How do I report meter tampering?
Water meters are the property of the City of Jackson. Removing or tampering with a water meter can result in fines and criminal charges. Per Mississippi Statute and Codes, 97-25-3 - Meters; tampering with electric, gas or water meters, with the intent to defraud such person, firm or corporation, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) and not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail not more than three (3) months, or by both fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the court.

Jackson Area Water and Wastewater Systems

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact the sewer division?
2. How do I report meter tampering?
3. How do I terminate my water, sewer and sanitation services?
4. Can I make a payment online?
5. What is the property owner's responsibility in regards to a sewer back up?
6. My services were interrupted. How do I get my services reconnected?
7. Can you bill my deposit for new service on a later statement?
8. How long will it be before services are connected?
9. Does somebody have to be home when servicemen come to turn on services?
10. Do I have to come into the office to apply for service or can this be done online?
11. I am moving within the City of Jackson. Do I terminate services?