The City of Jackson's Decorative Street Signs Program is designed to work with neighborhoods to improve the appearance of street signs within their neighborhood.
Here are the steps in the Decorative Street Signs Program:
1. Complete a Decorative Street Signs Applicationand submit it to the Engineering Division at the address listed below: Department of Public Works Engineering Division Post Office Box 17 Jackson, MS 39205-0017
2. The Engineering Division will verify the impact area and create a petition requesting decorative street signs using the county tax records. A representative from at least 60% of the dwelling units within the impact area must sign the petition for the process to continue. The impact area is the area where the livability of the residents, either single or multifamily, is along the street to be considered for decorative street signs. For an intersection, the impact area includes all dwelling units located one block in all directions from the intersection.
3. Upon acquiring 60% of the signatures, the petition is submitted to the Engineering Division for verification.
4. The neighborhood homeowners association purchases and delivers the decorative street name signs and street signs to Traffic Maintenance. All signs to be installed must meet MUTCD sign standards.
5. Traffic Maintenance will install the signs as their work schedule allows.
To download a Decorative Street Signs Application, click here
For more information, please contact us at (601) 960-1651.